Monday, February 23, 2009

From a G-chat with Marissa

[About Vienna]
Ich: There are fun differences
everywhere
their default building materials here are much more colorful and interesting
pastels more often used etc
apparently japan owns a bunch of vienna
19:40
and the russians
which you can kind of tell in some places
I have a hungarian maid!
she is hunched and smiling and
repeats herself incessantly
[Her name is Eva and she is beautiful. She often tells me in Hungarian to eat, in the diminutive form we've discovered - it sounds like "hum hum." Eva stirs and bends and has a younger girl's gait. Her chocolate confections are deadly and she nursed me back to health, when I was sick last week, with soup, toasted bread, and mandarin oranges which she brought on a tray. She shows us pictures of her schoen Mann. She has fine dark eyebrows and brown hair cropped straight around the base of her neck.]
anyway
Ich:
I´m sure the Viennese don´t really like that about japan and russian- they seem to be very proud of their way of life
19:43
Marissa:
yeah, i'm sure any country would feel that way
which is partly why so many countries aren't entirely happy about us
this weekend i will meet his parents

[...]

Ich:
and water
19:50 there is this wonderful friend here that i´ve made
Joachim from Norway
he told me this dream that I´ll tell you
he´s had it several times
19:52
he is desperately choosing between bread and something else, I´ll just say a tomato
it was something good like that
and he has to choose and he is very tortured
19:53
and he wakes up and he remembers
that there was a glass of water there too
19:56
Marissa: what does he think about the dream?
19:57
Ich: isn´t it lovelz
y
the water is what he really wants
i think
I think about the dream:
i fuss and fuss between bread and tomatoes
right now i need some water
[Joachim (pronounced You - ah - keem) reminded me recently that, in order to do what God would have me do, I must be willing and ready to both act or not act in the particular way. I must be like an archer's tightened muscle ready. A pencil. Joachim has also introduced me to Koans. Common in Eastern Asia, Koans lead one to peace and enlightenment. It is best not to talk about these Koans too much I find, but to accept, explore, assume them, "sit with" them.]
19:59
Marissa: it is a beautiful dream
he sounds like a beautiful person
did you meet him at church?
Ich: at the outreach institute for the young single adults
20:00
they have a beautiful faciility here for institute and ysa activities downtown in a store front
it is old and stone and white inside with nice lighting and furnitiure and many rooms and computers
i am here right now
and a piano livign room place
and waffle night on fridazs
Marissa: oh wow
that does sound nice

1 comment:

Sarah Louise said...

Thank you. An update is blessing.

Also--a maid? What does that mean? She TENDS to you?